Monday, February 22, 2016

Critical Lens Reflection.

https://docs.google.com/a/jeffcoschools.us/document/d/1gj9Flpauow1WCJyJi_s6nOyOP6f15mlYkCy1rZLsoTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Whew, now THAT was an essay. The process of composing this essay felt very... stimulating? Yeah, that's how it was. Every single step of the way offered a new challenge to me. From finding sources, to extracting quotes, and finally writing the thing; I constantly came into roadblocks that required me to really flex the ol' cranium. How do I find relevant materials? Is this analysis deep enough? How can I make this intro pop? I found the answers to most of these even if my first draft felt a bit half-baked.

Now revising was the surprising part. I thought "oh I'll expand on some stuff and then this here essay will be swell!". I couldn't have been more wrong. It took a whole lot of thinking to find changes that expanded on what I wrote while maintaining consistency with what already existed. But I got through it with the help of some coffee and some jazz. (shout out to the Robert Glasper trio!)

Overall, I'm actually pretty proud of my essay. Although I wouldn't jump up to write another critical lens essay, I'm glad that I got some experience in the style. Have a most chill day folks!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment